Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sticky verses

I just got home from church and read a little with the husby. This post will be sort of a continuation of my very first post just because I've been troubled with this topic in my spirit. It's really been eating me up so it may get lengthy, I apologize. Anyways, We started in 1 John 2 because that is where Christopher thought of. And we got down to verse 3 and the lightbulb came on for me. It says "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments." Very simple yet it totally fit with verses in Matthew that I seem to keep quoting in my head. Chapter 7 verses 21 through 23. "Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Can you imagine the lord saying that to you? I think it would probably feel like someone knocked the air out of you. I would be so devastated. The sad thing is, it's really going to happen to some people. Can you honestly without a shadow of a doubt say that you're ok with God? That if you died today you would be with him? Do your actions reflect him? Do you walk as he walks? Can people truly see the love of God in you? These are questions you have to ask yourself. In 2 corinthians 13 Paul writes "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates."
Continuing on with 1 John 2 verses 4-6. "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." Ok I feel better now. I want to study on this more, but that is all I have for now.
Lord, my prayer tonight is that you would just completely take over my life. I know that you are in me but I want to walk EXACTLY like you. I can do nothing by myself. And you are the best teacher I know. Help me to walk in your ways. Help me to be a reflection of you and to be the light you told me I would be. I don't want anyone to die without knowing you. If I can help you in any way please use me. But mold me first into the servant that YOU would have me to be. Guide me lord. Amen.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment